Our Environmental Policy.
At S.K. Chilled Foods Limited, we work together to make a more sustainable and environmentally friendly company.
S.K. Chilled Foods Limited are one of the UK’s leading food manufacturers and as such have a duty to set an example in sustainable business practices. While our production methods are inherently energy intensive it is our belief that reducing energy consumption, improving efficiency and minimising our environmental impact are all critical to ensuring our future success.
We are wholly committed to:
1. Creating a certified Environmental Management System with an annual review and to continually improving our environmental standards.
2. Ensuring that we are not only compliant but go above and beyond legislative requirements and codes of practice for reducing energy consumption, water use and waste production.
3. Working with local authorities and stakeholders to minimise and eliminate environmental pollution in line with legal requirements.
4. Ensuring environmental issues are considered in all business decisions from top level management right down to production level.
5. Communicating with and educating employees at all levels about environmental best practice in order to ensure that everybody involved with the company adheres to environmental laws, policies and procedures.
6. Encouraging our suppliers and clients to work to our high environmental standards so as to ensure supply chain sustainability.
7. Reducing the embodied carbon footprint of our products by implementing process and energy efficiency measures throughout the full life cycle of our products including manufacture, transport and packaging.
8. We aim to realise our commitments by dedicating time, manpower and investment to continually assessing and improving our business procedures. The implementation and certification of our Environmental Management system will underpin our dedication to achieving specific and measurable targets in sustainability.